No wonder great poets are so rare to come by! Poetries can be extremely powerful and bring out the beauty of a language in its purest form. And only the most talented poets can write poems poignant enough to move the readers to tears. If you love poetry and are a fan of words, Catalyst will give you a chance to express yourself in the most natural and raw form and take the audience on a heart- rendering and emotional journey.
Date : 28-Feb-2020
Time : 12:00:00
1. Any length and style of poetry is accepted (for example - blank verse, rhyme, sonnet or abstract).
2. Poem must be an original piece of work-plagiarism of any sort if detected will result in immediate disqualification.
3. Time limit is 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, there is a 10 second grace period after which penalty
will be imposed.
4. Use of props, special costumes, musical instruments or prerecorded music is not allowed.
5. The top three performances shall be adjudged the winners of Poetry Slam.
6. We will take 2 entries from a particular college (entries may be reduced to 1, depending on the
discretion of the organizers). The judging shall however be done individually.
7. Judges' decision is final and binding.
8. The organizing team reserves the right to change or modify the rules.
9. Usage of notes, chits, phone will lead to negative marking.
Winner - Cash Prize of Rs. 5000/- with a Trophy and Certificate.